Couple lucky to escape house fire in Burmantofts, Leeds

A picture taken of Sutherland Terrace in Burmantofts

A picture taken of Sutherland Terrace in Burmantofts

By Mike Berriman

A couple had to evacuate their home in Burmantofts last night after their house – which was not fitted with smoke detectors – caught fire in the early hours of this morning.

Fortunately the woman woke up after struggling to breathe and the couple escaped through a first floor window. She was later taken to hospital by ambulance to be treated for smoke inhalation.

 

Sutherland Terrace, Burmantofts

Sutherland Terrace, Burmantofts

 

The man and woman were asleep upstairs when the fire started on the ground floor. Two fire crews spent roughly an hour and a half clearing the house of smoke on Sutherland Terrace.

Comments are closed.