Firefighters tackle blaze at Pryzm nightclub in Leeds

A fire broke out last night at a popular student night club in Leeds.

A bin on the roof top smoking area of Pryzm night club in Woodhouse Lane caught fire last night. Three fire engines were called to the club at around 9.45pm.

West Yorkshire Fire Service said two firefighters tackled the blaze wearing breathing apparatus and using two hose reels. No one was injured.

A spokesperson from PRYZM Leeds said: “We had a small fire at the club last night that was contained within a bin and very quickly extinguished thanks to our effective sprinkler system.

“Subsequently, we have some water damage to the back room areas of the venue but hope to open for business as usual later.”

Jo Mathers, managing director for Limegreen communications said: “We are very hopeful we will be opening tonight, most of the damage was down to the sprinklers and not the fire itself.”

The club is due to open again tonight as usual for its 10pm weekly Superbull night.

Pryzm regulars took to social media when they heard the news. One tweet by Bridey Chase says ‘So Pryzm is on fire & i don’t know what to do.’

 

 

 

Comments are closed.